History Annoncements History Council Bulletins Joining and purpose 4th Degree NAVLOG Council Officers/Contacts
© Lorem Ipsum Dolor 2012
History     Battlefield Council No. 10246 was established by Charter from Supreme Council dated January 25.1990. Sixty-one charter members formed our Council.The Charter Counil Officers were officialy installed on February 4, 1990 during ceremonies held at St. Patrick’s Church. Our current membership in 2018 numbers over 400 members.     A Ladies Auxillary was founded by Charter in April 1994. The Ladies Auxillary is open to all women of St. Patrick Parish and help the Council in execution of their mission. The Ladies Auxillary is also very active in charitable works they have taken on.     We are also proud to be the founding council of the Honor America Corps, by William J. McCarthy, which is dedicated to the promotion of the history, respect and proper care of the American Flag. The HAC curently has most of the flags which have flown over the US and proudly cares them in parades and displays them at various activities. Our Name     The name Battlefield Council was chosen out of respect for the hallowed ground of the American Civil War on which St. Patrick’s, our host church, now stands.     The Battle of Chancellorsville was fought between May 1st and May 6th, 1863 on land adjacent to St. Patrick’s. Indeed a portion of Union General Joseph Hooker’s army made its last stand against an attack by General Robert E. Lee’s Confederates on land now occupied by St. Patrick’s Church and school.
History